For the purpose of this Policy, the data controller is OceanMind Limited of Electron Building, Fermi Avenue, Harwell Oxford, Didcot, Oxfordshire OX11 0QR.
What information does OceanMind collect and why?
We collect information about you directly from you, automatically through your use of the OceanMind website, from your use of our services, and through third parties.
Information OceanMind collects directly from you
OceanMind collects information from you whenever you request information or interact with our website, our services and our people. The type of information that OceanMind collects depends on your interaction and may include, your name, address, email address, telephone number and any other information that you choose to provide to us.
Information OceanMind collects automatically
OceanMind may collect, process and use the following information about you:
- Details of your visits to the OceanMind website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, search activities as well as the page, content, software or resources that you access. OceanMind uses this information to provide services to you, such as your viewing of our web site.
- Your IP address, web addresses of the sites you arrive from and go to next and information about your connection, including your device’s browser, operating system, platform type and internet connection speed. OceanMind uses this information to understand who visits our site and why, so that we can continuously improve our site and services.
- Details of your history of correspondence with us and general inquiries. We use this information to provide you with a better service.
You may adjust your own browser settings so as not to accept cookies. Please see our Cookie Statement for additional information.
Information OceanMind collects about you from third parties
OceanMind may also collect data from third party sources. When this happens, information collected will be from publicly available third-party sources.
How OceanMind uses your information
Information is an integral part of OceanMind’s business. Your information, including your personal information, is used for the following purposes:
- To deliver OceanMind’s website and services to you, to facilitate the features on OceanMind’s website, to communicate with you and respond to your communications and inquiries, to send you information that you have requested, and for other customer service purposes when conducting business with you.
- For marketing and communications purposes, if you have previously agreed to this. For example, as permitted by applicable law, we may occasionally contact you by e-mail, to provide you with information about OceanMind that might be of interest to you.
When OceanMind discloses your information
OceanMind will never share your information with non-affiliated third parties for their own marketing purposes. OceanMind may share your information as follows:
- Service Partners: OceanMind may provide information about you to carefully screened partners that work on our behalf, to support OceanMind’s service delivery. Only trusted companies who require the use of particular information for business purposes are provided with secure access to it.
- Service Providers. OceanMind may share your information with third-party service providers to assist in bringing OceanMind’s website and services to you, responding to your requests, and to improve your experience of OceanMind’s website and service delivery. OceanMind may also engage third-parties to assist in marketing and promoting its services.
We also may share your information in the following circumstances:
- Business Transfers. If OceanMind is acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all OceanMind’s assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, OceanMind may transfer the information collected from you to the other company. OceanMind also may transfer its rights under any customer agreement it has with you.
- In Response to Legal Process. OceanMind also may disclose the information collected from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- To Protect Us and Others. OceanMind may disclose the information collected from you where it is believed necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which OceanMind is involved.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. OceanMind may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
- Legal Purposes. To protect the security of OceanMind’s website, as required by law or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect OceanMind’s rights.
What are your choices regarding the use of your personal information?
OceanMind may send periodic informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you opt-out of receiving marketing emails, OceanMind’s employees will continue to liaise with you to fulfil the nature of our agreed business relationship.
OceanMind’s website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of its partners. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that OceanMind does not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. Please check their policies before you submit any personal data.
Reviewing and changing your personal information
Please contact OceanMind if you would like your personal information removed from our database. Please note that OceanMind will retain some of the information you may have requested to be removed for specific reasons, such as to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, and as required by UK law.
If you have any questions about this policy or the use of your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com